Important Walk-through Registration Information
Parents of Amador Valley Marching Band Students will be required to perform two walk-through registrations for their students: Band Registration and AVHS Registration. Both are mandatory and both should be performed by a parent or legal guardian
Band Walk-through Registration
The Band Walk-through registration is required for all Band students in order to participate in the Marching Band Program. Just like previous years, we have several different times for you to register your student. You pick the date and time that is the most convenient for you. It only takes a few minutes and gives the parents involved an opportunity to meet each of you.
Monday August 18
9:30 – 10:30 AM OR 5:30 – 6:30 PM
Saturday August 23
8:30 – 9:30 AM OR 8:30 – 9:30 PM
The following documents are REQUIRED to complete each student’s registration:
- Emergency Medical Information
- Field Trip form 2014
- Code of Conduct – BE SURE TO HAVE YOUR STUDENT SIGN THIS FORM!
- Prescription/OTC Consent Form
- One Charms Acknowledgement Form per family after reading The Charms Financial Guide for Parents
The following documents are RECOMMENDED but not mandatory:
- Carry Life Sustaining Medication Form
- Amador Friends of Music Volunteer Interest Form
- PUSD Volunteer Clearance Form. If you have been fingerprint cleared, please bring a copy of your PUSD badge.
NOTE: If you have any questions, or are unable to make either of the registration dates, please email Marcia Ikeda at email@example.com.
For the current year, suggested donations are requested for each section of the music program as follows:
Marching Band and Color Guard: $1,085
Concert Band: $35
Jazz Bands: $80
Winter Programs: $620
Embroidered Travel Jacket for Band and Color Guard
For those in the band and color guard, we will be requesting an additional donation for a Travel Jacket:
Travel Jacket: $40
- The jacket will have your student’s name embroidered on it and is similar to the ones used last year at the Midwest Clinic.
- The jackets are part of the travel uniform and are intended to help with visual blocking of the show during practices.
- These jackets are intended for use by students throughout their years with the band at every away event.
- This is a one-time additional requested donation.
Questions At Walkthrough
The AFM Treasurer will be available at walk-through registration to answer any questions you may have regarding the requested donations.
AVHS Walk-through Registration
The AVHS Walk-through registration is for all AHVS students (not just band students), and is required by the High School/District. Because band students will be in Band Camp during the registration times, the AVHS Registration should be performed by a parent when convenient for them and without their Band student. The following link will provide the information Parents will need to prepare for the AVHS Walk-through:
IMPORTANT: Because your student will not be with you, please obtain your student’s signature on the “registration signature page” prior to attending. Also, be sure to talk with your student about available purchases such as the yearbook, the ASB card, class T-shirts, parking passes, etc.
Student Picture Taking and ID Cards
Since Band students will not be attending the AVHS Walk-through registration with their parents, a special time has been arranged for Band students to have their pictures taken and ID cards created.
Grades 9 and 10: Friday 8/22, 8am
Grades 11 and 12: Friday 8/22, 9am
- Students should bring their completed photo order form and their receipt for ASB (if purchased) to the small gym.
- The photos will be taken in the wrestling area, a separate room off the Small gym (behind Amador Theater.) Students will enter through the side facing the Main office, step up stairs (not the entrance using the ramp).
- Make up pictures will be taken on 10/1/14.
NOTE: If you feel strongly that your student should attend the AVHS Walk-through with you, please plan on doing so after Band rehearsal on Monday (8/18) or Tuesday (8/19) so that your student does not miss important rehearsal time.