STUDENT DRIVEN...PARENT SUPPORTED...YOU CAN HELP TOO!
Do you want to support our March-A-Thon, or were you contacted an Amador Valley Marching Dons member? Click the Donate button to support the March-A-Thon event, helping raise funds for the 2014 competitive season:
NOTE: At the last step in the PayPal donation process, you'll see an option to "Enter your student's name or other info". Please enter "March-A-Thon", and the name of the student you are supporting if you are supporting a specific student.
About the March-A-Thon
Our Band is hosting our first ever March-A-Thon to raise funds for our competitive season which will include 3 area competitions, a trip to Chino Hills to compete in the Ayala Music in Motion and culminate with the WBA Championships in Fresno. The March-A-Thon will kick off on October 21st during band practice and take place during practices, football games and competitions over the two-week period. We will be marching a total of 34 hours as a band over that time period. We are proud of our time and commitment dedicated to the program.
We would like to invite you to come see first hand the amazing work of these students and the accomplishments of our program:
- On Tuesday nights during our March-A-Thon come to the last half hour of practice and see some of our show and witness the hard work, dedication, camaraderie and professionalism of our students. AMADOR PRIDE! Tuesdays: Oct. 21st, 28th and Nov. 4th (8:30-9:00pm AVHS Football Field)
- We will be competing in 2 local competitions during our March-A-Thon! Come see them in full uniform, props and at their best!
- The Foothill Band Review—field show competition, Saturday, October 25, Foothill High School, Pleasanton - we take the field at 6:30pm
- Dublin High School Irish Band Show, Saturday, November 1, Dublin High School - Amador Valley High School takes the field at 8:30pm.
- Support the Amador Don Football team and see all that the band adds to the school spirit and atmosphere of the football game! Friday night October 31st –Amador vs. De La Salle at 7pm—arrive early to see the bands pre-game show and stay for the half time performance!
About the Amador Valley High School Marching Band Program
Amador Valley's Marching Band & Color Guard is part of a nationally recognized comprehensive music program that serves 330 students, 12% of the population on our campus. A consistent finalist in state and regional competitions, Amador's band has twice represented the community in the London New Year's Parade and was runner up in the Fiesta Bowl National Band Championships. Through appearances at home football games and school rallies, the band is the musical heartbeat of the campus community as well.
Though our outward focus is performance, it is the pursuit of a student's growth, personal development, and values that make the purpose of our band real. Students in band and guard are among the highest achieving academically and are caring, respectful young men and women who give, take care of those around them, creating a culture of powerful peer advocacy.
Donate by Check
If you prefer, you can send a check made out to "AFM" to the address below. If you are donating on behalf of a specific student, please include the name of the student on whose behalf you are donating on the memo line.
Amador Friends of Music
PO Box 602
Pleasanton, CA 94566
Are you a Band Member participating in the March-A-Thon? Download the March-A-Thon Packet and Sample Letter here.